Where to begin? Fall not only ushers in a change of scenery, but a change of wardrobe as well. Sandals make way for boots, shorts make way for trousers, and brush the dust off of a piece that has not seen sun in several months…the jacket! As much as I hate seeing the long days of summer slowly get shorter, there is something about that first fall shopping trip. Clothing takes on an element of class that is not necessarily forgotten in summer, just a little less obvious.
With all of that said,Style has compiled a list of some of the things we want this fall season:
1) Shoes In Fun Colors. While your neutrals will never be “out-of-style” this season we are seeing great pumps, flats, and boots, in colors with a kick. Reds, yellows, deep purples, and shades of green are gracing feet everywhere. These shoes really complete the outfit. So many times we look just at the top half or whatever is covering the legs. With a great pair of shoes however, those around you look at you from head to toe, literally.
2) Gold Jewelry. No, we are not telling you to put away your silver, but there is something about gold jewelry and fall. What we love about this season’s looks are the delicate and at the same time bold pieces we’re seeing as well as the layers of necklaces and rings being worn.
3) Trouser Jeans. To most women, its un-comprehendible that these loose fitting denim wonders will actually make you appear slimmer, but trust us, they do! Paired with a pointy-toed heal and a fitted top these are an instant esteem booster.
4) Turtlenecks. Definitely not what you wore in grade school under a sweater vest. Today’s modern turtlenecks have enough flare to stand alone. By elongating the whole upper half of your body, turtlenecks again give the illusion of a thinner version of yourself. Pair them with a great pair of trouser jeans and you’ve instantly lost five pounds!
5) Ankle Boots. We understand this trend may take some getting used to. This in-between shoe offers an element of surprise to an otherwise “typical” outfit. If you’re not quite ready to jump on board, opt for some that are on the “higher” end of the category. And here’s a helpful tip (something we encourage all of our clients to do): whatever you are wanting to wear with these boots should really be worn to try them on. You will never get a clear picture of whether they look good or not if you have on sweat pants.
6) Jackets. Where to even start? This season’s jackets come cropped, fitted, short-sleeved, long sleeved, etc. There are so many great colors and styles out there, you won’t even wince at covering up the new turtleneck you just purchased!